Carcross Heritage Management PlanSend your feedback on this plan
During the development of the Carcross Local Area Plan (October 2013), maintaining the heritage character of the community was identified as a key community priority. A survey of residents showed that many people consider that the heritage resources are an integral part of the community’s character.
The intent of the Carcross Heritage Management Plan is to set out in a clear and comprehensive manner, a method of preserving the existing heritage resources and to manage change within the community. The plan will provide guidance on incorporating new construction within the community in a way that is is respectful and sympathetic to historic precedents and important landscapes.
The Carcross Heritage Management Plan is being developed with community input and is expected to be completed by December 2015.
A working group has been established to help guide the planning process. The working group includes Carcross residents and representatives from Yukon government, Carcross/Tagish First Nation, the South Klondike Local Advisory Committee and White Pass and Yukon Route.
Stay tuned to this page for updates and information as the planning progresses.
Please review the Final draft Heritage Management Plan below and submit comments. A presentation of the Final Plan is tentatively planned for spring 2018.
Documents and files
- Final CHMP- Draft Report-2018 no appendix
- Comments Sheet Carcross HMP 23Jul2015
- FINAL DRAFT Heritage Management PlanV2- 20July2015
- Carcross Heritage Management Plan Questionnaire Summary Report_22June
- Preliminary Report (Revised16June2015)
- Carcross slideshow Workshop 30April2015
- Interactive Workshop (30April2015)
- Carcross HMP Working Group April 8 2015 Hal Kalman slides